About Me

My photo
I'm just a little girl from Canada, with amazing friends - who moved to the USA to go to a small Christian University - who made more amazing friends, and fell in love with and married a boy from Ohio and takes pictures of everything!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday's Inspiration; Books

This is my first challenge by Little Red House that I've actually gone out and taken a picture for.

The Word: Books



I grew up about 20 minutes from the real Uncle Tom's Cabin in Dresden, Ontario!! Love Old Books!!

I'd like to call this picture: Old Friends.




Wouldn't you love to lean up against a tree with one of these old friends and enjoy the sun on your skin?

9 comments:

  1. This book sounds wonderful! I always inspire to live and entertain simply.

    The Equation book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit,
    Welcome to Thursday's Inspiration!!!
    The vintage book you photograped is beautifully detailed which shows through the lens of our camera!
    I adore the unique surroundings and placement!
    Thank you for sharing your angle on books!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty blue colour on the vintage book. Looks like it was dropped by someone hurrying along through the field. Definitely a photo that could tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! It totally does look like someone left it behind in a field!

      Delete
  4. Really lovely, Brit! The shade of blue is so striking against its background. Like Judith says, there is definitely a story here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I'm excited to be challenged to take artsy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brit! Your old books are so beautiful, and you have arranged them so artfully! I do love the photo with them all nestled against the tree. :)

    Thanks so much for contributing to Thursday's Inspiration. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I live about thirty miles from where Uncle Tom's Cabin was written. We may have a connection. ☺

    ReplyDelete